cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

Translation rule not being applied on voice-port

Hi,

I have configured a voice translation rule on our gateway so that it sends the translated number to CUCM, however this is not working, I have tested my translation rule and that's working but for some reason its not being applied and sent to CUCM, connection is MGCP gateway to CUCM. I can configure a translation pattern on CUCM but I want the number converted on the gateway first. This is to changed the inbound called number, any advise would be appreciated :-) 

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /3952011/ /09700/
!
!
voice translation-profile OldMainNumber

translate called 1

!

voice-port 0/1/0:15

translation-profile incoming OldMainNumber

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant

Re: Translation rule not being applied on voice-port

You are right, it's MGCP. So I guess it's because it's MGCP. What about doing your translation with a Translation Pattern in CUCM and then setting the right incoming calling search space to the gateway.

Cheers

Peter

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

If you use MGCP, then you have no choice but to do all the call handling in CUCM.

If you want to apply the translation rule in the GW, you need H.323 or SIP.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Participant

Hello

What is the format your number arrives at the gateway? I guess you have no match on the translation rule.

Map once your translation-profile to the incoming dial-peer.

Have you ever debugged the ISDN (debug isdn q931) to see how the number arrives. Have you ever debugged the translation?

Regards

Peter

Highlighted

Hi,

Yes I have run debugs and I have tested the translation rule, we dont have dial-peers, this is straight MGCP configuration to CUCM.
Highlighted
Participant

You are right, it's MGCP. So I guess it's because it's MGCP. What about doing your translation with a Translation Pattern in CUCM and then setting the right incoming calling search space to the gateway.

Cheers

Peter

Highlighted

Yes this is what a I did, I created a new PT and CSS and then assigned it to a called party transform mask and assigned it to the inbound CSS of the gateway, thanks for the advice. I just thought we could do it on the gateway for a "cleaner config" on CUCM but its fine its working which is what counts ;)
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

If you use MGCP, then you have no choice but to do all the call handling in CUCM.

If you want to apply the translation rule in the GW, you need H.323 or SIP.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Highlighted

Thanks Jamie.
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

Cisco COVID-19 Survey