Helpful
Replies

transmit two lines

george
Level 1
Level 1

i have a 2800 cisco router with five lines of ip telephony

i need to transmit two lines to other site

please note that : the two sites are connected by fiber optic and a switch (DELL) will receive these two lines

what can i do ?

please help

7 Replies 7

Hello,

Can you please explain more what do you mean by transmit and what are the five lines ? do you mean five ip phones or five PSTN lines ?

Amer

1st thank you for your replay

in the mall we have five ip phones,  they want to take two phones of the five to another site,  and the sites are connected by fiber optic

Hello,

There is no problem with that , all what you have to be sure of that the new area should be accessable to the router which has the CCM installed on , there should be a routing between the two area's

on the ip phone , give it a ip address from the range of the new site and the TFTP address should be the same .\

I don't know about DELL switches but i am guessing they are not POE , so you have to connect external power to power the ip phone , if the switch is POE then you don't need to .

Amer

the idea is i don't have anything in other site excpet the DELL switch they told me to make this issue by a virtual link

could you please give me more explain about the commands

Hello George,

As i understand that you have 2800 router (which hosts the CME), is this router going to be your fiber interface with the other site?

What is the router that going to be used at the other site that the fiber cable will be conected to ?

Amer

sorry,

I have just seen that you are connected through a switch.

what is the switch that the ip phones on site 1 is connected to .

and what about the DELL switch , is it layer 3 or layer 2.

Amer

on the site1 the three ip phones are connected to dell switch and dell is connected to the 2800 router

and about the DELL switch on the site2 i don't know yet

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: