Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble Adding Switches to CER 7.0.3

Mark Wagnon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to add switches to our CER system to assign ERLs, but for some reason the switches are not appearing. I can add the switch by going to Phone Tracking > LAN Switch Details. I follow up the add by clicking the Locate Switch-Ports button. I'm not sure how long the locate process is supposed to take, but I've checked every hour or so and still do not see the switches when I search for them under ERL Membership > Switch Ports. I've even run the Switch-Port and Phone Update under Phone Tracking and still nothing. I can see the added switch in the list under LAN Switch Details, but that is all. I can see the phones that are attached to the switch as unlocated phones. I just can't seem to get the switch to show up so I can assign ERLs to its ports. Could I have missed a step? We have identical switches already in the system. These were added by our installer. These are 3560 switches. Same config, IOS, etc. Our CER is version 7.0.3.

It seemed pretty straight forward to me, but now I'm dumbfounded. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mark

1 Reply 1

Mark Wagnon
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to add a second switch this morning just fine. I deleted the switches I added yesterday and added them again and now they are all showing up. Not sure what I did differently today that I didn't do yesterday. The only thing I can think of is that I don't think I added the description for the first switch because I was going to add its hostname in that field and figured I would edit that in afterward. I also didn't have it scan for the ports right away because I was going to do that on the last switch to be added. This morning I ran it after each switch and all is good. Maybe this will help someone...or maybe it will help be again in the future when I forgot what I did. Thanks! Mark