Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
jonathanwalton
Beginner

Trouble with BLF\presense directory\call history between CUCM7 and CUCM9 (1-way)

I’m having issues seeing phone BLF\presnce status on the corporate directory for phones on my new CUCM9 cluster. It started out that I have 2x CUCM 7 clusters, connected with SIP trunks, and everything was happy. Now I’ve added an 8.6 and a 9.1 cluster, and from a CUCM 7 phone, I cannot see the BLF information in my directory\missed calls\placed calls for phones registered to either CUCM 8.6 or CUCM 9. I only see the default gray-grid icon.

I’ve gone over every piece of documentation I can find, made sure the “BLF For Call Lists” is enabled, SUBSCRIBER CSS is setup correctly (with DN partition) on the phones and trunks, reset trunks, but still no luck.

Did something change between CUCM 7 and 8? I’m only interested this to provide a presence-rich directory.

Phones registered to CUCM 9 can see the status of CUCM 7 phones, and other CUCM 9 phones, but not CUCM 8 phones.

Phones registered to CUCM 8 can see the status of CUCM 7 phones, and other CUCM 8 phones, but not CUCM 9 phones.

Phones registered to CUCM 7 can only see the BLF status of other CUCM 7 phones, not CUCM 8 or 9.

All phones can call either without error. I’ve even configured phones to use the SUBSCRIBER CSS (on both ends) to see if that resolved the issue – it didn’t.

I don’t have a BLF SD button on the phone, as I’m just looking for a fancy directory and missed\placed call list.

All phones are 7945.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Does the SIP Trunk Security Profile assigned to the SIP Inter-Cluster Trunks 'Allow Presence Subscription'?

Do the SIP Inter-Cluster Trunks themselves have a SUBSCRIBE CSS assigned that includes all of the DNs local to that cluster?

Based on what you said doesn't work it would suggest that the CUCM 8 and 9 clusters lack either or both of these options while CUCM 7 has them set correctly.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Does the SIP Trunk Security Profile assigned to the SIP Inter-Cluster Trunks 'Allow Presence Subscription'?

Do the SIP Inter-Cluster Trunks themselves have a SUBSCRIBE CSS assigned that includes all of the DNs local to that cluster?

Based on what you said doesn't work it would suggest that the CUCM 8 and 9 clusters lack either or both of these options while CUCM 7 has them set correctly.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

Thanks, I didn't have the "Allow Presence Subscription" box checked.

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad