Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshoot BLF Speed Dial

rynard.coetzee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have a CUCM version 10.5 ,i have BLF SD`s created on a 8851 with Expansion modules. Out of the 18 BLF SD`s i have created on here there are 3 that just doesn`t seem to want to work. The 3 extensions in question are in the exact same partition as the ones that are working ,and the Subscribe CSS has been set correctly on all phones. My question here is how can i troubleshoot this ,i need to check if the phones are sending out their BLF status and if the 8851 is seeing that status. I have collected normal CUCM traces but not exactly sure what i am looking for.

Any help will be appreciated.

Rynard

4 Replies 4

Robert Shaw
Level 3
Level 3

Is this 8851 configured as a Device Profile for Extension Mobility or is it a fixed phone?  I've had problems before when using Device Profile with Expansion modules and BLF Speed Dials.

If it is a straightforward device have you tried configuring a different phone with a BLF Speed Dial to one of the extensions that isn't working?  This will see if it's a problem with the Extension or with the 8851 and Expansion Module.

Hi Robert

Thanks for the reply ,yes i have actually configured those numbers on different phones and then BLF works ,they are currently configured on 7821 phone and 7962 phones. Although there are other BLF`s on those models that are working ,so it does not seem like it is model specific ,but more to do with those 3 physical phones ,hence the reason i want to try and see if they are even sneding out the update for the BLF.

Hi Rynard

What is your version of firmware for the 8851? There is a bug about updating the status of the BLF's.

You should use 11-5-1-18.

Regards,
Pascal

Hi Pascal

Thanks for the reply ,we are using sip88xx.11-0-1-11 ,do you perhaps have the bug id ?

Regards

Rynard