Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting Inbound and Out bound call scenario's

ArchitBahuguna
Level 1
Level 1

Please explain all the troubleshooting steps that would be required:-

1) If there is a call coming in from PSTN n/w to the ip phone and the call fails ?

2) If you are calling from the ip phone to the PSTN network and you get a reorder tone ?

Consider that the phone's up and proper DID assignment is done and all config. is perfect, I just want to have the idea what all would be checked

eg. gateway on CSS, RL & RG's...etc...

Appreciation in Advance for any responses and troubleshooting assistance !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is your PSTN trunk type?  SIP, PRI, POTS?

You always want to start with debugging on the GW to see if the call makes it there and if it fails there, if all is good there you can look at CUCM Dialed Number Analyzer to see if routing configuration is OK, if that confirms all good then CM traces need to be looked at.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is your PSTN trunk type?  SIP, PRI, POTS?

You always want to start with debugging on the GW to see if the call makes it there and if it fails there, if all is good there you can look at CUCM Dialed Number Analyzer to see if routing configuration is OK, if that confirms all good then CM traces need to be looked at.

HTH,

Chris

It's a PRI, have checked the PRI status with

sh isdn status and debug isdn q.931 and debug isdn q.921 command's.

The output says that there is no problem. l1,l2 and l3 layers are active and multiple frames are established.

What else do I need to check on my gateway, Do I have to check the gateway CSS as well ?

And what after the call hits the gateway, what all needs to be checked on CUCM...?

Thankyou for replying.

Use "debug isdn q931" to see what the reason code for the disconnect is, you can post the output here.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: