Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting ISDN

RFC_2549
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was following this guide for troubleshooting a problem with some phones

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/dial-access/integrated-services-digital-networks-isdn-channel-associated-signaling-cas/9495-isdn-q931-ts.html

the status "setup" occurs also if there are configuration errors on the destination voice gateway? 

The situation is this:

TEST 1) From outside calling the customer is not possible to make a call, the error that I can hear when I try to call tells me that the number is not existing. If I use debug isdn q931 I cannot see any info about the call...no "setup", no messages, nothing

TEST 2) If someone uses the phones that must ring during the TEST 1 for calling another phone, the call starts and the called phone see a calling number that is the one specified in a translation pattern. 

I haven't skills about troubleshooting this situation so how can I be sure that we have a correct configuration on the voice gateway? Can a call from outside be detected by the voice gateway even if some configurations are not correct on "our" voice gw (the voice gateway of the customer)?

Thank you!

5 Replies 5

if you are not using router  console, make sure you enabled terminal monitor to see the debug messages.

if enabled the above and if you don't see any messages, the call might not be landing on the gateway.

still it not clear what your exact issue is. can you explain a bit more. 

Response Signature

Hello, I used "teminal monitor" command and it's not possible to see any info :( If the call is not landing on the gateway it can be caused by a wrong configuration on the destination gateway? We have other numbers working, I cannot understand if I can say to the customer to call the provider or if I can do something...

Thank You!

hope you get debug messages for working calls. 

if you don't  see anything on debug  u need to check with ISP. 

Response Signature

Yes, I get output when i debug working numebers (other numerations)...

Now I done a test with the customer:

He called me on my personal phone from the phones that I cannot call from the outside...we can talk normally and on the gateway I see debug output. The "calling party number" is correct but I cannot call it...so strange! The customer can call me and other phones in his company without any problem but I cannot recall him on the number of the "calling party number"

what could it be?

Thanks!

It could be an issue with dial peer matching.  Have a look at "debug voip dialpeer inout" for both a good and a bad call.