Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunk on ephone with monitor-port

Hi,

I have a CME system with one 7961+7914 module, on the 7914 i try to configure the button's in such way that they directly connect to an FXO port.

This actually works with the trunk command on a ephone-dn, it will give a dial tone and users are able to dial this way.

But whenever you browse trough the list of previous dialed numbers, select one and click one of the line-buttons on the 7914, you will get a re-order tone, i guess this is because it will mix up the numbers in the trunk command and the actual to dial numbers.

The current configuration for this is :

dial-peer voice 3 pots

destination-pattern 800

port 0/3/0

ephone-dn 120 dual-line

number 120

label Line 1

trunk 800 monitor-port 0/3/0

Any help would be great!

2 Replies 2

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Can you give me a detailed description of the problem with the call flow? Also, can you send me the show run and show version?

If you are familiar with Partitions and Calling Search Spaces in CallManager you can make cor lists work pretty much the same way. First you define all of the cor "members" under "dial-peer cor custom", like this:

dial-peer cor custom

name local

name longdistance

name 911

Then you create a cor list for each of these members.

dial-peer cor list call-local

member local

dial-peer cor list call-longdistance

member longdistance

dial-peer cor list call-911

member 911

These act like your partitions and will be applied to outgoing dial peers.

dial-peer voice 1 pots

corlist outgoing call-longdistance

destination-pattern 91..........

port 2/0/0

dial-peer voice 2 pots

corlist outgoing call-local

destination-pattern 9[2-9]......

port 2/0/0

dial-peer voice 3 pots

corlist outgoing call-911

destination-pattern 9911

port 2/0/0

Then you create cor lists with groups of these members that will act like your Calling Search Spaces.

dial-peer cor list user1

member 911

member local

dial-peer cor list user2

member 911

member local

member longdistance

These will be applied to your incoming dial peers, or ephone-dn's for cme, and will determine which outgoing dial peers can be matched.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The problem is i wan't button's directly attached to a line (FXO), and also be able to see the status of the line.

This actually works when i use the trunk command with monitor-port.

When you will press the button assigned with the trunk 800 monitor-port 0/3/0. it will send out the digits 800, and hit the dial-peer.

THe problem then is, that you must wait before dial tone, and then enter the other digits (first problem then, is that you cannot see you previous dialed number.)

Second problem, whenever you predial the digits, and then press the button, it will ofcourse add the digits 800 in front, but it will not wait for a dial tone, and just send out the other 10 digits into the "nothing".

Hope this clears it up a little bit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: