Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to Use 10.1.10.1 getting Java Security Certficate Exception

JOSEPH GALEA
Beginner
Beginner

Hello,

I was using 10.1.10.1 to access UC540 - all was well.  Suddenly, I am receiving a Java error when trying to upload Voicemail Greetings (Voicemail, Mailboxes, mailbox#, greetings.  If I try to upload or record a greeting I get: "The Publisher Cannot be verified as a Trusted Suroce".  java won't run spins and spins --- I can't upload recorded greeting or record a greeting.  Seems to have to do with  "com.cisco.aesop.mediamaster.MMApplet" and/or "java.security.cert.CertificateException: Your security configuration will not allow granting permission to new certificate".   I get the same whether IE or Chrome.  I am using IE 8.0.7601. Java is 7.0.170.2

Is there a default certifcate I can load somewhere to allow Java to work?

Joe

jgalea@nninet.com

1 Reply 1

JOSEPH GALEA
Beginner
Beginner

I went into my PC Control Panel. Clicked on Java Icon – the Java Control Panel came up.  [FYI, Java Control Panel Version 7 update 17 (build 1.7.0_17-b02)]  I went to the Advanced Tab – scrolled down to Security – I checked off “Enable Granting Elevated Access to Signed Apps”. It now works!?  I have subsequently unchecked “Enable Granting Elevated Access to Signed Apps” in case there are security issues here but once accepted it seems OK.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: