Views
Helpful
Replies

Turn off the backup warning CUCM 10

Support Albakom
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

we have an CUCM 10.5 cluster in virtueal environment and backup via the ESXi and storage component. So we dont need the CUCM backup. Is it possible to turn off the message below, which appears every time we log on at the CUCM?

WARNING: No backup device is configured. This is required to recover your system in case of failure.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Only CUCM DRS is supported as a backup/restore option. Backup & Restore via ESXi is not supported:

docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Ongoing_Virtualization_Operations_and_Maintenance#Backup.2C_Restore.2C_and_Server_Recovery

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gordon is correct (+5), however if you still insisting on using snapshots/vmware backups instead you should be able to simply shut down the DRS Master service in CUCM serviceability and I would imagine the error would not be generated anymore.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Only CUCM DRS is supported as a backup/restore option. Backup & Restore via ESXi is not supported:

docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Ongoing_Virtualization_Operations_and_Maintenance#Backup.2C_Restore.2C_and_Server_Recovery

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gordon is correct (+5), however if you still insisting on using snapshots/vmware backups instead you should be able to simply shut down the DRS Master service in CUCM serviceability and I would imagine the error would not be generated anymore.

That was the hint I needed. The DRF service. Thanks to you Chris.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: