cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Turning Off Missed, Placed, Received Calls Directories

mike.noonan
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed a 7940 in a common (non-secured) area and would like to know if it is possible to turn off the Missed, Placed and Received Calls directories. I understand that this is built into the firmware on the phone, but is it possible to modify the XML in order to either delete the directories from the menu or point them to an invalid source? Or is there another way to disable them?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hmm, I'm not sure you can host the file on a 7.x server as you could with a Windows based server. You can, however, put the XML file on any web server and point the phone to it. The file doesn't have to be on the CUCM server.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

These directories are stored on the phone and to my knowledge cannot be disabled. You can, however, use the idle URL timer to clear the call history periodically. Take a look at the following post for details.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1083377#1083377

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Please forgive what may be a stupid question, but. . .

How do you get the XML file loaded into the correct directory on the CM? I'm running CUCM 7.1 and all my efforts to copy the file to the server have, so far, failed.

Thanks!

Mike

Hmm, I'm not sure you can host the file on a 7.x server as you could with a Windows based server. You can, however, put the XML file on any web server and point the phone to it. The file doesn't have to be on the CUCM server.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: