Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two PRI lines to different routers

Hi. I have a PBX connected to the Cisco 3825 router via one PRI line (I have one VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1and one PVDM2-64 there) and there is a need to add another PRI link from the same PBX because one line is already not enough. This router acts as a VOIP gateway and we use g729r8 for the most of the calls. There is also another router which is a backup to the main 3825. Here are the solutions that I can see:

1. Add one more VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 and one more PVDM2-64 card to the main 3825 router and unite them in one trunk group. So I will double my resources but if the main router fails I will lose all my VOIP connectivity.

2. Add one VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 and one PVDM2-64 card to the backup 3825 router. I know it is possible to aggregate several gateways into one route group by means of CUCM , the problem is we haven't one (though I'm trying to figure out a cost of the CUCM solution and required licenses). My question is if it is possible to achieve the desired redundant setup without CUCM?

1 Reply 1

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

I think it is only possible, if your PBX supports the  configuration like we have in CUCM. Or you will have to go for CUCM  design.  It is it small site you can opt for CUCUMBE. Router level I do  not thing we can do redundant setup.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: