cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two TFTP , Two Cluster and Phone registration.

Sandro Galletti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have 2 clusters formed by these servers:

Cluster 1: IP NETWORK 10.10.10.0/24
1 Publisher .1
1 Subscriber .2
1 Tftp Server .3

Cluster 2: IP NETWORK 192.168.1.0/24
1 Publisher .1
1 Subscriber .2
1 Tftp Server .3

I have configured a 7911 in cluster 2 with MAC address.

In the router's DHCP 150 option, I put both the tftp server (10.10.10.3 192.168.1.3) in this order, but the phone rgo in automatic registratio on the firts cluster.

Can i keep this option 150 format and register the phone on cluster 2?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sandro,

In this case you can configure Centralized TFTP solution so in your DHCP configuration you will need to specify one or two tftp addresses and those tftp will push the configuartion to the IP Phone letting it to register to the right cluster.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmsys/CUCM_BK_CD2F83FA_00_cucm-system-guide-90/CUCM_BK_CD2F83FA_00_system-guide_chapter_01010.html#CUCM_RF_C2337209_00

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What are you trying to achieve here??

If you want the phone to register to two clusters at the same time, that's impossible.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

What is the requirement of using both TFTP servers in option 150 ? As Jamie mentioned you can not register a single phone with more than 1 cluster at a time. If you simply want to register the phone on cluster 2 why don't you use 192.168.1.3 in the TFTP and phone would get registered to the CM as per the config under CM group.Still if the phone goes back to old cluster, delete the ITL file under security settings of phone.

HTH
Regards
Abhay
Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

I'm sorry but my description of goal is wrong.
I dont wan't to register the phone to two Call Manager at the same time, i'm asking if it's possible, to put in the tftp file configuration both cluster subscribers.
Follow my example..

I have 1000 branch office and i need to configure the DHCP on their CE but i don't know where phone will be connected..if on Cluster 1 or Cluster 2...
Because CE configuration will be did before, i'm asking if there is a solution for the phone to register on the correct Cluster without change the tftp order in the DHCP.

I'm saying bull**bleep**? :)

Hi Sandro,

If you have two different clusters and an an IP Phone registers (let's say) on Cluster1, it will receive a directory number eg 1000. When the same phone , for some reason, looses connectivity to Cluster1 and registers to Cluster2 it will receive (I guess)the same Directory number but Cluster1 cannot send call to 1000 on Cluster2 because it considers 1000 as local extension for an unregistered device.

A feature that could help you on what you are trying to achieve is device mobility.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_5_1/featureConfig/CUCM_BK_C7DC69D3_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_115/CUCM_BK_C7DC69D3_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_115_chapter_011.pdf

Please let me know if I well understood your query.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hi Carlo, this is not what i need ..

I do not need a backup ... i need to configure the dhcp on CE without knowing where the customer will configure the phone.

If the customer configures the phone on cluster 2 and in the DHCP the first TFTP is of CLUSTER 1 then the phone will register on CLUSTER 1 in Auto Registration ... i'm asking if there is any way by tftp to recognize where the phone Mac Address is configurated, and send the correct configuration file to phone ..

But i think it's impossible to do, i'm asking something stupid ..

Hi Sandro,

In this case you can configure Centralized TFTP solution so in your DHCP configuration you will need to specify one or two tftp addresses and those tftp will push the configuartion to the IP Phone letting it to register to the right cluster.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmsys/CUCM_BK_CD2F83FA_00_cucm-system-guide-90/CUCM_BK_CD2F83FA_00_system-guide_chapter_01010.html#CUCM_RF_C2337209_00

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Thx you.