Views
Helpful
Replies

U560 fxo-K9 SIP Trunks

gonzalo-castro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Please I need some help to understand how to order the UC560 in the following scenary, and the questions are:

scenary: UC560 Principal Site  A  with 30 Analog phones (Using VG224 or ATAS)  and 20 IP Phones.    NO Analog trunks Just SIP form the pstn

UC560 Remote Site  B  with 12 Analog  Phones  (Using VG224 or ATAS) and 12 IP Phones,   NO Analog Trunks Just SIP from the pstn

These both sites will be conneted each other by a WAN,

Questions:

1) The customer needs to receive a SIP trunk from the PSTN over the UC560 :

a) How manay simultaneous SIP  incoming call will be able to carrie (or receive) the UC560? (a the both sites

b) Any difference regarding the SIP Trunks for incoming calls   if these both sites commnicate each other by SIP ?

c) When I say that the UC560 or any other Gateway or server is receiving a SIP trunk  it means that it is only 1 tronk able just for one call? or I can configure it for many others over the same Interface?.

I appreciate very much your help, I need to finish these design I Iam LOST......

Tks,

Gonzalo Castro

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

a. that's fine.

b. there is no set limit

c. No difference, only need to configure it right.

d. same answer as .b.

Note: for a configuration like that you will need help from an UC certfied Cisco partner, or person of equivalent knowledge and experience. If you try to do it by yourself, you risk to incour in much time loss and frustration, and to not deliver sure and solid results to your customers.

View solution in original post

There is no problem about DSP. SIP trunks do not even use DSP.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

a. that's fine.

b. there is no set limit

c. No difference, only need to configure it right.

d. same answer as .b.

Note: for a configuration like that you will need help from an UC certfied Cisco partner, or person of equivalent knowledge and experience. If you try to do it by yourself, you risk to incour in much time loss and frustration, and to not deliver sure and solid results to your customers.

Paolo Thanks for your promptly answer,

Just another doubt:

1) What about the DSP resources in the UC560? What I mean will be able to handle 10 simutaneous sip incoming calls ?

Tks again,

GCA

There is no problem about DSP. SIP trunks do not even use DSP.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: