cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 and CME Set Licensing

lyle.stevens
Level 1
Level 1

I’m hoping some one can assist me or direct me to recourse to help me understand the licensing for a CME vs. the UC500 series. Some of the UC500 voice systems are orderable as a 16, 32, 48 user system so my question to this is do I have to order a CME license for the sets or are these cost built into the system?

I’m also looking at the ordering guide for the UC560 and it comes with 16 user licenses but is saleable to 104 users so what licenses do I need to purchase to scale up to 104, CME set licenses?

Also when purchasing a CME licenses for a set what does that get me as I have added sets to a CME in my lab with no licenses purchased?

Thank you for any response.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lyle,

When you order a pre-configured UCS 5XX it does come with all applicable Licensing (including IP Phone licenses).

To ugrade the UC560 you would need to order increments of;

L-UC-PRO-8U=

E-delivery license for the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series for 8 additional users

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/data_sheet_c78-566250.html

The CME LIcense is in fact "paper based" and is on the honor system

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lyle,

When you order a pre-configured UCS 5XX it does come with all applicable Licensing (including IP Phone licenses).

To ugrade the UC560 you would need to order increments of;

L-UC-PRO-8U=

E-delivery license for the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series for 8 additional users

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/data_sheet_c78-566250.html

The CME LIcense is in fact "paper based" and is on the honor system

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you Rob.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: