cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 Series Company Directory

wayne.boyles
Level 1
Level 1

We have deployed the UC500 series for a client and wondered if it's possible to list the company directory on the auto-attendant options for

people to choose from when calling in?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What you are trying to achieve is possible with a specific script,

You can have an standard numbering format like 1 for John, 2 for Adam, 3 for Joe, ... on AA and you can use people's names from their Voicemail name.

To explain more, when a person set up his/her voicemail a question will be asked for his/her name and that will be a voice parameter that you can use on AA as a dynamic option, so when John leaves the company, next person will change the voice mail name and it will be played on the AA.

The problem with this method is you will have different voices on the AA menu and each person has got his own prompt for his name.

This script also needs to be written with a  professional.

Hope that helped!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are not happy with the default AA, you can always script your own using CUE editor.

Alternatively you can use my "Universal AA" that supports most often used options by configuration only and no programming.

Ideally, yes - we want the AA to say press 1 for John, 2 for Jane etc but not have to alter the voice prompt manually each time somebody joins or leaves the company.  I'm not sure this is possible is it?

What you are trying to achieve is possible with a specific script,

You can have an standard numbering format like 1 for John, 2 for Adam, 3 for Joe, ... on AA and you can use people's names from their Voicemail name.

To explain more, when a person set up his/her voicemail a question will be asked for his/her name and that will be a voice parameter that you can use on AA as a dynamic option, so when John leaves the company, next person will change the voice mail name and it will be played on the AA.

The problem with this method is you will have different voices on the AA menu and each person has got his own prompt for his name.

This script also needs to be written with a  professional.

Hope that helped!

Hi Wayne,

I'm afraid this is not possible.   You could have it come into a company directory that's maintained by the user but if you want to announce the users then yes you would need to change the prompt everytime someone leaves.

I would suggest just having press 1 for the company directory if possible and let the end users maintain their voicemail accounts, this way when people leave the company you just have to manage their voicemail accounts and recorded names.

Hope this helps, Please rate if so

Regards,

Justin

CiscoTechno
Level 1
Level 1

Do you mean when someone hits the auto attendant they have an option of hitting i.e 1 for the company directory?

Or would you like the auto attendant to automatically play a greeting saying press 1 or John, 2 for Joe, 3 for Jane.

You could create a Auto Attendant with company directory as a option or you could create the greeting and just map everyone's extenstion to a input number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: