cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 with AP521 and wireless 7921 and 7925 handsets

sunilpatelmw
Level 1
Level 1

I have had several cisco technicians come out and look at my issue and have had no luck.  We have a uc520 with the latest software on it.  I have 2 of the POE ports on it attached to two ap521's.   THe phones connect fine and data works great.   When a call is answered or placed on a wireless handset, the call will drop if you move a few feet.  IF you stay still, there is no issue.  I suspect the phone is hopping from ap to ap and droppping the call.  Shouldn't this be seamless?  

2 Replies 2

sunilpatelmw
Level 1
Level 1

I have had one technician state I have too much coverage with the AP's and another state I have too little.  THe third tech stated "that's how they work"   

Do the AP's have the latest code on them as well?  We had an issue before with roaming and there was a bug in the older AP code.  There is a cluster configuration on the AP's and you want to make sure they are configured in a cluster. 

Also, you should try the small business forums instead as you'll get more help there.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: