cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 with VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE

1janwalli
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC520 with Cisco IOS Software, UC500 Software (UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(11)XW7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2).

I have installed a VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE interface Cards in UC520, now i have 4 ISDN Basic Rate interfaces.

i want to use one of the 4 interfaces as Internal ISDN for a FAX-Server on MS Windows SBS 2003, (with a Eicon BRI Card).

how cann i do it ? with CCA 1.6 is not passible or i dont how.

Thanks for your help

Jan

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

first of all you might not even need the eicon card. CME/CUe can receive/send fax, convert to email, even on a per-user basis.

This said, you cannot use the CCA for anything more than basic configuration. This one would require you prepare crossed BRI cables, then configure like:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_configuration_example09186a008010ef6c.shtml

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks for your very fast Answer,

How can i configure the UC520 for recive/send Fax ? do you have a link for a Document.

How work the receive/send fax on CME/CUE ?

i have multiple ISDN-Nr (MSN) from ISP and i want to use one of the number for fax receiving.

how cann i send a fax from Win-PC-Client ?

Is a FAX-Server oder Network-Modem Emulation on UC520 ?

Best Regards und Thanks for your help

Jan

Hi,

do you have a qualified partner helping you with the uc500 ? That is very necessary most most advanced configurations. You may loose a lot of time and get frustrated when you have no experience in these things. For fax relay, see:

http://www.uc500.com/fax-email-using-uc500-or-cme

More information is in cue and cme system administrator guides.

As a recogniotn to tose providing answers, please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: