Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 - call stops working intermittently until after reboot

Joseph Udeh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone be of assistance for an end life UC560?

Issue: inbound and outbound calls sudenly stops working after a given period of time, at 1st every 24hours then every hour and now every 30 mins. But once you reload the device everything starts working fine again.

The customer uses SIP for PSTN breakout.

Particulary when the issue occurs, inbound calls works with 1-way audio and outbound gets engagged tone. Once rebooted everything starts working fine.

Cisco IOS Software, UC500 Software (UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M4b

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you try installing the latest software pack (8.6.2)?

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282877316&release=8.0(0)&softwareid=282762907

You could also contact the SIP provider and see if they can review the logs on their end to determine what SIP messages they are seeing when calls fail.

Brandon

Thanks for your quick response Brandon.

show telephony-service shows that they're on 8.6 version. It's isn't specific like say 8.6.0 etc. I'm not sure the exact version based on the above but i want to assume it's 8.6.0.

I will try to also contact the SP but I have noticed that when the issue occurs, calls try to use different dial peer from the it uses when working normal.

Not sure what could be the cause.

Thanks