Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 Licensing

jacinto1m
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am going to buy a UC560 for 20 users and I was wondering if apart from the 24 user licenses that come with it I also need to buy phone licenses like with call manager express?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Che,

Additional "Phone Licenses" are NOT required with the uc560

Licensing

The  Cisco UC 560 includes 24 user licenses. These licenses enable the use  of Cisco IP phones and allow users to access the IP PBX features,  including voicemail. In addition, supplementary user licenses are  bundled to help with deployments that need a few extra licenses. For  additional licensing needs, the L-UC-PRO-8U= may be ordered. This  increases the existing license count by eight. Table 5 lists the number  of users supported based on the hardware/license configurations. The UC  560 also has built-in licenses for unified communications features.  Table 4 lists the license count bundled with the system for each  feature. Guidance for licenses associated with unified messaging on the  UC 560 is included in Table 6.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/reference_guide_c07-566560.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Far away from your trouble and worry
You belong somewhere you feel free" - Tom Petty

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Che,

Additional "Phone Licenses" are NOT required with the uc560

Licensing

The  Cisco UC 560 includes 24 user licenses. These licenses enable the use  of Cisco IP phones and allow users to access the IP PBX features,  including voicemail. In addition, supplementary user licenses are  bundled to help with deployments that need a few extra licenses. For  additional licensing needs, the L-UC-PRO-8U= may be ordered. This  increases the existing license count by eight. Table 5 lists the number  of users supported based on the hardware/license configurations. The UC  560 also has built-in licenses for unified communications features.  Table 4 lists the license count bundled with the system for each  feature. Guidance for licenses associated with unified messaging on the  UC 560 is included in Table 6.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/reference_guide_c07-566560.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Far away from your trouble and worry
You belong somewhere you feel free" - Tom Petty

Yes, I had read that but wanted to make sure there wasn't any other license needed.

Thanks a lot!

FYI -- it is actually 30 (24 + 6) licenses in practice because of 4 extra for the FXS ports (if you use them in STCAPP mode) and 2 extra for "teleworkers".