Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE help!!!

happyatuni
Level 1
Level 1

Dear NetPro gurus,

I have used Cisco UCCX for a number of years but I'm a newbie to UCCE.

1. For UCCE, can each site have multiple PGs, Routers, Loggers & ICMs (for instance, can i have 2 PGs on site A & 2 PGs on site B (a total of 4 x PGs)? Or each site can only have 1 PG, 1 Router / 1 Logger and 1 ICM?

2. Is there a way where i can say force all my Customer Services CSQ to go via Site A? And all my IT Helpdesk CSQ to go via Site B? But if either site failover, the traffic will automatically fialover to the other sites PG, Loggers / Routers, and ICMs?

Would greatly appreciated if anyone can shed some lights on this.

Cheers,

Hunt

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. First of all, there can only be one router and one logger on side A and side B, so these usually go either to single data center or to 2 different data centers.  You can have many PGs when deployed within guidelines. Keep in mind that the PGs connect to different peripherals such as VRU or call agent (CUCM), you would not have more than 1 PG pair pointing to each, if you have multiple CUCM clusters or multiple IVR servers you may have multiple PG pairs with specific PIMs.

2. You can route calls anywhere you want, but it all depends on how you define it, beauty of CVP is that calls are queued/prompts are played locally from the VXML GW which you can control via your dial-plan (i.e sigDigits), again for single UCCE instance thre is one central controller pair (Router/Logger).

Have you reviewing the UCCE SRND?

Chris