cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11 - How can I display the caller's name from CID?

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

When someone calls, the phone displays the full ANI and name, but Finesse only shows the extension or phone number.  How can I make Finesse display the Calling Name as well?

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It looks to be affected by the following defect which is not yet fixed

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut04623/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Symptom:
When calls come in to our phones after passing through the UCCX script, the call is presented with the DN of the hunt group DN that is used to distribute calls. Whatever, we can live with this. As soon as the agent takes the call, the Caller Name and Caller Number are presented on the phone.

In CAD or Finesse we only see the Caller Number (ANI) but not Caller Name as received in the Caller ID

There seems to be no way to read this data in UCCX. The data seems to be available but in UCCX there is no function to get the Caller Name from the call.

Conditions:
Everytime

Workaround:
none

Further Problem Description:
Customer would like this changed to be made to the system so when a agent receives a call the will get the ANI and the Callers Name

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

I'm seeing the correct ANI number for the caller.  I'm just not seeing their name in addition to their number.  I was hoping there would be a way to show the name of the caller and not just the caller's extension (internal) or ANI (external).  

bump

Spoiler
bump still an issue today..