Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.0 Backup Scheduler

Nizar Abuseni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I have IPCCX 7.0 and I am changing my backup location to another SFTP server.

when i try scheduling the backup, i cannot update the new information onto the IPCC.

i get a wrong username and password message. I managed to do the same for CUCM and CUC. It worked, but have no success with the IPCC.

verified IP address,directory and a ping on the server is successful.

If i restart the server i can change the backup location, but then the scheduler will work for one time and then it will not do a backup again for the next time.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nizar,

Yes, for me it looks like a defect\bug. You can confirm this by opening a TAC case.

Meanwhile please dont forget to rate all the helpful posts, by clickng on the stars elow the right answers.

Regards,

Anand

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Nizar,

Points listed to be verified.

1. Is your backup schduler in enabled state?

2. Do you have enough free space in the network directory?

3. Please mention the ip address of your network location server instead of hostname.

4. What is the number of Preserve latest Tar files in the schduler configuration.

5. If its a HA setup, please make sure your UCCX both the nodes are up and running while backing up, along with the Call Manager also up and running.

6. When you say that the second time backup fails, with the schduler, please try to manually backup at this time and let me know the results.

7. Is your network backup location is available throughout the backup process?

8. For cross verification, please provide the UCCX same box folie as the backup location and try schduling the backup and see what happens.

9. If it fails on the same box with Schduler, please attach the screenshot and the logs, we will see what is the root cause for this.

10. Also please make sure that the Under UCCX control center->UCCX Engine-> Manager Manager->Archieve Manager is up and running.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the answer!!

Hello Anand,

Thank you for your reply. Kindly find the bellow answers to your questions:

1. Is your backup schduler in enabled state?
Yes

2. Do you have enough free space in the network directory?
Yes

3. Please mention the ip address of your network location server instead of hostname.
We allready have it as an IP Address (\\10.10.240.7\IPCCBackup), also the location of the storage is the IPCC secondary.

4. What is the number of Preserve latest Tar files in the schduler configuration.

5. If its a HA setup, please make sure your UCCX both the nodes are up and running while backing up, along with the Call Manager also up and running.
Yes they are up and running IPCC servers (HA) and CUCM servers.

6. When you say that the second time backup fails, with the schduler, please try to manually backup at this time and let me know the results.
Well, the issue is like that, if i restart the (10.10.240.7) server then I enable the scheduler and test it, it works fine. Then when I update the scheduler for example every week once at the time it should take a backup it will not take it. If i go and click update on Backup scheduler I am getting the following error: "Login Failure: uknown user name or password.". And at this time I don't have backup now option at this time. The only thing I can do is restart the backup storage location server to get it work.

7. Is your network backup location is available throughout the backup process?
Yes

8. For cross verification, please provide the UCCX same box folie as the backup location and try schduling the backup and see what happens.
If I add the Backup location as the same server (UCCX Publisher) then it works fine. It seems the issue is when we have the storage location on other server, in our option is the second IPCC server, and as i can see it is related with storage location user name and password , it takes it for one time and then it seems like it doesn' release the session to use the same username and password again to access the location.

9. If it fails on the same box with Schduler, please attach the screenshot and the logs, we will see what is the root cause for this.
It doesn't fail on same box, I have attached MCVD log file for the day it failed to backup on remote storage server.

10. Also please make sure that the Under UCCX control center->UCCX Engine-> Manager Manager->Archieve Manager is up and running
It is IN Service.

I have looked in the following link, in section "issue 7":
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a00809a752c.shtml#issue7

We are having same behaviour with the error, and the only solution is to restart the storage server. Also they mention bug ID: CSCth19279 but we are not changing the password, it fails with the old password as we didnt change it.

Please let me know if you need any farther info.

Regards,

Nizar

Hi Nizar,

Could you please try mentioning the backup location as \\10.10.240.7\C$\IPCCBackup) if its in "C" drive instead of

\\10.10.240.7\IPCCBackup and try updating the schduler.

May be a defect also, but anyways its working on the first node as the backup location.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..

Hello Anand,

I will give it a try and will get back to you if that helps.

Thanks,

Nizar

Hi Nizar,

One more thing, please update the backup schduler information from the Node1 (publisher) node, do not edit this info from the Node2 (subscriber node), and give a try. I somehow remember some defect around similar issue long time back, but don't the defect id.

Good luck.

Please dont forget to rate the helpful posts...

Thanks,

Anand

Hello Anand,

I have tried all your suggestion but the backup still fails on a scheduled dates. Do you think it is a bug that i have mentioned above?

Best regards,

Nizar

Hi Nizar,

Yes, for me it looks like a defect\bug. You can confirm this by opening a TAC case.

Meanwhile please dont forget to rate all the helpful posts, by clickng on the stars elow the right answers.

Regards,

Anand

Hello Anand,

Thanks alot for your support, I will try to open TAC case for this.

regards,

Nizar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: