Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0.2 11005-20 - Unable to install VMTools

Ayaz Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have UCCX version UCCX 8.0.2 11005-20 on UCS.  I have been able to install VMtools on CUCM and Unity.  But with UCCX I am able to to mount VMtools, but when I try to enter the command utils VMTools upgrade, the command is not recognized nor present.

Wikidoc has a link to a cop file that needs to be installed,  but the page doesn't load.  I was not able to find the file on Cisco website.

If anyone has encountered this issue before or can provide a link where I can download the cop, please let me know.

Thanks,

AK

1 Reply 1

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi AK,

Can you tell me what commands you are trying to issue?  Also, are you mounting the vmtools iso onto the UCCX virtual CD/DVD drive?

Here is a Cisco Wiki link that documents the process.  Sounds like you are trying to perform method 2.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/VMware_Tools

Method 2: CLI command

Step 1 From the vSphere Client log in to vCenter, or your ESXi host, and go to the Hosts and Clusters view (Ctrl+Shift+H).

Step 2   To mount the correct version of the VMware Tools software in the Guest virtual CD/DVD drive, perform the following sub-steps.

a. Right-click the virtual machine that you are upgrading, and choose Guest > Install/Upgrade VMware Tools.
b. In the popup window choose Interactive Tools Upgrade.

Step 3 From the Unified CM CLI, enter the CLI command utils vmtools upgrade.

The system reboots twice. Monitor the virtual machine console from the vSphere Client to see the system status.

Step 4When the system is back up, the tools status is updated to OK from the vCenter Summary tab for the virtual machine that you upgraded.

Step 5 After installation of the new version of VMware Tools is complete, remove the VMware Tools tar file from the virtual CD/DVD drive. (Usually, the VMware Tools tar file is called linux.iso). To remove the VMware Tools tar file, perform the following substeps.

a.Right-click the virtual machine that you are upgrading, and choose VM > Edit Settings > CD/DVD drive.

b.Choose Device Type as Client Device.

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: