Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0.2 Unable to logon CSA and CSD

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

I am not able to logon CSA and CSD. Is appear the message:

"A licensing error has occurred. Please try again in five minutes. If the problem persists, please see your log file or System Administrator for details"

then: License server down

In the logs appear the messages:

ERROR DESK3109 Could not obtain license from LRM.

ERROR DESK3113 Unknown exception while releasing the license(s)

I disable firewall Windows, but, didn´t solved

I disable csa in UCCX (utils csa disable), but, didn´t solved  (Disable SYN FLOOD within Cisco Security Agent UCCX)

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Agent_receives_a_licensing_error_message_when_attempting_to_start_Cisco_Agent_Desktop

I verified the link below and didn´t solved too:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/24896/cad-login-fails-licensing-error#comment-10407376

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-contact-center-express/46882-license-error.html

https://communities.cisco.com/message/69357

Another idea about this?

Thanks,

Wilson

16 Replies 16

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this all users, on all PCs? Or just a subset?

What does the licensing page in CCX show?

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thanks a lot for your contact. Answering your questions:

- I did the install software only my machine, the problem occurr when I try logon Agent or Supervisor

admin:show uccx license
Configured Licenses:

Package: Cisco Unified CCX Premium
IVR Port(s): 50
Cisco Unified CCX Premium Seat(s): 25
High Availability : Enabled
Cisco Unified CCX Preview Outbound Dialer: Enabled
Cisco Unified CCX Quality Manager Seat(s): 25
Cisco Unified CCX Advanced Quality Manager Seat(s): 25
Cisco Unified CCX Workforce Manager Seat(s): 25
Cisco Unified CCX Maximum Agents: 300

Command successful.
admin:

Thanks,

Wilson

OK - and is the cluster in full service?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I need simulate one problem that is ocurring with my Customer. In my lab I actived the all services about UCCX.

Thanks,

Wilson

OK - but are all the services showing as 'IN SERVICE' in serviceability?

Also, do you have DNS in your lab? Check you can resolve the server hostnames from the client.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

In the most service is "IN SERVICE", the engine is partily, but, any service is not started (I am attaching the print). Not was configured DNS. I configured, but, the some problem is occurring.

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Aaron,

I am sorry, I attached the logs now.

Thanks,

Wilson

Probably you can check the LDAP host address in supervisor/agent .dbg file.

Open the debug file in notepad and search for "LDAP server". This will tell you to which server it is trying to establish the LDAP connection. Verify the hostname/IP address.

If  the IP address is wrong, run the postinstall.exe from the bin folder of the Cisco folder. Change the IP address and try to login.

This fixed my problem :) ....

Wish you good luck !!!

- Bala R

Hi Bala,

Thanks a lot for your contact. I had another activities with more priorities and had  that stop the test. My environment is of laboratory, there is not LDAP.

Thanks,

Wilson

Hello Wilson,

Looks like LDAP DB in CCX is corrupted. once you have the time, please try doing manual ldap sync through Cisco Desktop Administrator webpage.

Thank you,

Shadi

Hello Wilson,

Well, the LDAP is nothing but your UCCX server, which receives the authentication/sync message and relays to CUCM via AXL service provider.

In this case, CSD checks for the LDAP host address using the default ports and if it cannot establish a connection, it would throw you the license error although you have enough valid licenses.

Snippets from CSD logs:

015-04-23 02:03:57:055 INFO [0xca4] LC0012 LDAPConnectionImplementer::establishConnection: Failed to bind to Calabrio LDAP service on <UCCX IP ADDRESS>: <-1> <Can't contact LDAP server>
2015-04-23 02:03:57:055 DEBUG [0xca4] LdapClientLogger.h[104] ldap_client::LdapClientLogger::LC0001: An exception occurred in <ldap_client::LDAPConnectionImplementer::establishConnection(Calabrio LDAP, )> while establishing connection -- com.calabrio.util.connection.SplkConnectException: LDAP bind error.
2015-04-23 02:03:57:055 WARN [0xca4] LC0001 LDAPConnectionImplementer::establishConnection: Error occurred while performing an LDAP operation.

Thanks

Bala R

Hi Bala,

I removed and reinstall again and the problem about LDAP not appear more, but, the problem initial occurr (problem about license). I Verified that the Cisco Unified CCX engine is constantly change the status.

Cisco Unified CCX Engine is alternating  frequently status between Partial service (global)      Manager  status initializing and subsystem shutdown

and without nothing change it stay Cisco Unified CCX Engine in shutdown.

Any have idea about this?

Thanks,

Wilson

Good that the LDAP issue is resolved now (Please rate my post if it helped you :) )

Issue related to Service status change could be because of memory threshold which is reaching its maximum. Did you used OVA to create the VM while installing the UCCX server? If not, probably disk space could be the issue.

From CLI mode, run the command to check the disk space which should give you an idea.

RTMT can also provide you that result.

Thanks

Bala R.

Hi Bala,

Follow the command. I believe that the space is normal.

This command can take significantly long time,
and can also effect the system wide IOWAIT on your system.
Continue (y/n)?y
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda6              90G   46G   41G  54% /common
8.0K    /var/log/inactive/
admin:
admin:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

admin:show diskusage activelog

This command can take significantly long time,
and can also effect the system wide IOWAIT on your system.
Continue (y/n)?y
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda6              90G   46G   41G  54% /common
8.0K    /var/log/active/mgetty
0       /var/log/active/sa
4.0K    /var/log/active/platform/snmp/sappagt/sappagt.index
4.0K    /var/log/active/platform/snmp/sappagt/sappagt.log
4.0K    /var/log/active/platform/snmp/sappagt/startup.txt
16K     /var/log/active/platform/snmp/sappagt
4.0K    /var/log/active/platform/snmp/hostagt/hostagt.index

Thanks,

Wilson