Views
Helpful
Replies

uccx 8.5 Installation In Vmware

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

Has any succesfully installed uccx 8.5 in vmware player or workstation. I have tried to install several times using vmware player and each time I get an unhandled exception while redhat is formatting the filesystem. Does any know what are the requirements? Is it still 72GB/2GB RAM?

Please rate all useful posts
6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, it is 1x146 GB for the minimum deployment.  Reference the following page for UCCX virtuized OVA specs that you can follow:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization_Downloads_(including_OVA/OVF_Templates)#Cisco_Unified_Contact_Center_Express.2FCisco_Unified_IP_Intelligent_Voice_Response_.28IP_IVR.29

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

Many thanks. Does this suggest that it cant be installed in vmware player or workstation. I believe the OVA templates are for Esxi servers..This is just for lab purposes as we do with cucm

Hi

It's fine in workstation with 80gb single HDD (scsi 0:0) and 2gb. For testing only of course...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Excellent will try it again with 80GB. What do u use for the guest os..It detects red hat linux 4? Should I change it to 3..

It's all RHEL 4 32-bit, aside from 8.6+ of CUCM which is RHEL 5

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Guys,

I have come to a conclusion that I have a bad media. This is a media sent from Cisco sealed and delivered. Initially when I did a media check, it said it failed as the media contained too many errors. I tried to continue with the install but as expected I am not having any joy. When red had gets to formatting file system I get the error

" An unhandled exception has occured. This is most likely a bug. please copy the full text of this exception or save the crash dump to a floppy then file a detailed bug report agains anaconda at http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla"

and then there is the long list of the error attached..here