Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX music in queue from CUCM moh

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

We're running CUCM 7.1.5 and UCCX 8.0.2

I'd like to use a dedicated MoH stream from CUCM for my cti ports associated with our UCCX applications.  That way when our scripts put the caller in queue, the hold music comes from CUCM.

Two MoH questions....

-Can CUCM use multiple wav files and loop through them, or should I combine my music into a single wav?

-Since our scripts repeatedly place the caller on hold, off hold, back on hold (as we play messages about their wait time), it's important that the moh be continous, not constantly restarting from the start of the wav.  Is that possible?  I believe it requires multicast..but is multicast moh supported by UCCX?

6 Replies 6

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Bill,

1. CUCM cannot loop through multiple MoH files. You need to configure one file to be used for MoH(user/network hold source) and let CUCM play that file. Hence you will have to merge all the files into a single wav file.

2. For continuous MoH, you require multicast MoH and it will work for callers being placed on hold by the UCCX as well. I don't understand why you would like to know whether UCCX supports multicast MoH or not. When it puts callers on hold, the multicast MoH will be streamed to the callers and not to the UCCX. Hence you can use multicast MoH and things should work as desired.

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS:pl rate helpful posts

Payal Bhaduri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Multicast is not supported for UCCX.

"CTI devices do not support the multicast Music On Hold feature. If a CTI device is configured with a multicast MOH device in the media resource group list of the CTI device, call control issues may result. CTI devices do not support multicast media streaming"

You cannot have multiple moh files.

This thread will help you with your queries.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2029666?tstart=245

Thank you both, that clears up question #1. +5

As for question #2, I see that CTI devices don't support multicast.  And I read that thread.  But I'm not sure I understand if there is a solution.  I think Aaron is saying it's possible, by streaming the MOH to a gateway instead of the CTI port?

I still don't know whether i understood your issue properly or not.

From the discussion on the other thread, i understand that no matter whether you use unicast or multicast MoH, the callers being put on hold will always hear MoH as you desire i.e. not from the beginning. This holds true for all callers except the first one being put on hold. The 1st guy being put on hold will listen the MoH from the beginning. And if i got Aaron's message correctly, he says the exact same thing as i had, in my previous post. You should not assign a multicast MoH to the CTI route point but instead assign it to the gateway or the trunk through which the caller calls into the network. Hence UCCX should not be receiving MoH in any case. It is the callers(internal or external) which should be receiving MoH and for that we need to ensure that the gateway or the trunk has access to the MoH server and not the CTI route point.

Hope that helps answer your question #2

Regards

Nitesh

PS:pl rate helpful posts

Hi Nitesh,

Well the problem is that we currently have MoH assigned to the CTI ports.  And the MoH restarts from the beginning every time we take the caller off hold, then put them back on hold.  So it sounds like the solution of assigning MultiCast MoH to the gateway would work.  But I'm not exactly clear on how to do that.  Keep in mind we only want this audio source to be used by UCCX callers in queue, not our normal phone hold music.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I believe that you have added a gateway in the CUCM and all incoming calls come in through this gateway. So you can assign an MRGL to the gateway which has access to the MoH server which is playing multicast MoH file.

HTH

regards

Nitesh

PS: Pl rate if it helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: