Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Script: Make a script send an email based on the date

mclason01
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

I created a script that tells users to stop calling a certain number because the number has changed for the destination they are trying to reach. Management wants the message to be taken down after a year.

First thing I did was create a script that finds out what the date is, and then I put in an If step: If strTodaysDate > "11/30/16" then send an email to ServiceDesk@XXXXX.XXX 

It took the If statement but didn't work properly. Every time someone would call that number, service desk would get another email, even though 2015 isn't even over yet. 

Next I just created an XML document for the whole month of December 2016 (Like a Holiday Check script) for the script to reference which works fine. the only problem is that if no one calls during December 2016, but does in January, service desk never gets the reminder to take the script down.

What I would like is for the script to be able to know: If today's date is past 11/30/16, Send the email to service desk without any XML. 

Thanks for any suggestions!

2 Replies 2

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Why are you making it so complex. Why cant you simply take the message off from the script altogether after a year or whenever you want and then simply upload the modified script again to UCCX.

Regards

Deepak

Who knows if I will even be an employee here in a year. Plus I would like to know how to do this as I could find ways to use it for more important tasks in the future.

Thanks!