Helpful
Replies

UCCX Upgrade

sayeedibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Need suggestions guys for below scenario:

One of my clients has a Centralized deployment with multisites.

1. @ Site 1 - cucm v7.1.5 on MCS 7825(Single Server) with C3825 VGW router+CUE

2. @ Site 2,3,4 all located in another city - C2950 (SRST+VGE+CUE)

*Client has requested for new 7816 with ver 8.5 to be installed @site 2. It will be used as primary for sites2,3&4 as these are in same city

* Upgrade @site1 from 7.1.5 to 8.5

* Deploy Cisco Unity Connection and use it for all sites

Q1. Can I make a cluster between 7825 and 7816 servers so that 7825 is publisher for Site1 but subscriber for Sites2,3,4 and 7816 will serve as publisher          for sites 2,3,4 and as subscriber for site1?

Q2. Can i continue to use SRST at all sites?

Q3. Is it feasible to use CUC for all sites?

R

Ibrahim SAYEED

6 Replies 6

dschlicht
Level 1
Level 1

While I can't answer your question directly I was just wondering why use mcs when ucs c-series are available and incredibly cost competitive and fully supports the applications your customer uses?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please find my answers in-line below to your queries but I wonder why the subject is UCCX Upgrade when there is no mention about UCCX in your queries. Looks like you forgot ? If any, lemme know & I'll be glad to assist.

Your Queries..

Q1. Can I make a cluster between 7825 and 7816 servers so that 7825 is publisher for Site1 but subscriber for Sites2,3,4 and 7816 will serve as publisher for sites 2,3,4 and as subscriber for site1?

Ans : Yes, you can have different server models part of same CUCM cluster. The mandatory condition is the software version installed on every CUCM Node MUST be exactly same, hardware can be different. Always remember, in a CUCM cluster there is only 1 Publisher & others will be subscribers etc. So the logic " so that 7825 is publisher for Site1 but subscriber for Sites2,3,4 and 7816 will serve as publisher for sites 2,3,4 and as subscriber for site1? " is technically wrong. You can term them as Primary Sub ( instead of terming it as Pub ) & Secondary sub.

Q2. Can i continue to use SRST at all sites?

Ans : Yes, no restriction on continueing with SRST.

Q3. Is it feasible to use CUC for all sites?

Ans : Absolutely. CUC can follow the Central as well as Distributed deployment.

If above helps, pls rate the post.

GP.

Hey guys thnx for the explanations. Made a blunder with subject . should have been "CUCM upgrade".

@dschlicht - i will check with our pre-sales engr on tht.

@gajanan - your answers have been very helpful. just another query on CUC. Currently client has CUE at all sites so when i move over to CUC i can have a centralized system for all sites and it can be integrated with their Exchange server but if WAN is down then end user will  nto be able to access vmail.

Ibrahim,

About

@gajanan - your answers have been very helpful. just another query on CUC. Currently client has CUE at all sites so when i move over to CUC i can have a centralized system for all sites and it can be integrated with their Exchange server but if WAN is down then end user will  nto be able to access vmail.

Yes correct but you can fix it using following methods..

1. When the remote branch disconnects from main branch CUC, if the remote branch is on SRST, you may configure a translation rule which translates the VM pilot number to complete PSTN number, which ultimately reaches the main branch CUC VM pilot. From user perspective, there is no change noticed.

2. Continue using CUE at remote site & CUC at main site. Use voicemail gateway to sync the messages between 2 VM systems, whenever connection between both sites restores.

3. In your case if your CUCM will be clustering over wan, then you may deploy one CUC server at each site as well.

Pls dont forget to rate helpful posts.

GP.

Hi Gajanan

I have not  done the CUC part before however I had read about it. Let me know how your experience of implementing such a scenario was.

Now i have finalized my action plan as follows:

1. CUCM v7.1.5 >> upgrade to v8.5 @ Site 1

2. Install new CUCM v8.5 server @ Site 2

Note: Site1 & Site2 are in different cities.

3. Make a cluster with CUCM@Site-1 as Publisher and CUCM@Site-2 as Subscriber

4. Remote offices wil continue to use SRST

5. Integrate LDAP with Publsiher

6. Integrate CUC with Publisher

7. Integrate CUC with Exchange

Thanks

Ibrahim SAYEED

Plan looks good. If you want to know more about CUC deployment, refer the CUC design guide here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/design/guide/8xcucdgx.html

Pls dont forget to rate helpful posts.

GP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: