Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCL License Purchase without Physical Phones

Dear Folks, Could someone help me if it is possible to purchase more UCL licenses than the physical phones or Is it possible to purchase UCL or CUWL licenses without purchasing the physical phones ? Thanks for your time. Cheers

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi ,

You can go for CUWL which are bundled which offers UCXN,Contact Center and Presence.

Any reason why u want to purchase in advance.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

As Aman indicated (+5) you can buy licenses independently of phones at any time.

You need Enhanced only if all you are doing is CSF device, and Enhanced Plus if you are doing CSF and desk phone.

HTH,

Chris

It does not restrict anything, the ELM tracking looks at phone owner ID association and if it sees more than 2 phones configured with the same user ID then it assumes CUWL user (if you have CUWL licenses), if you have more than 10 devices associated via owner ID to the same user then 2 or more CUWL licenses will be used.

The phone association under end user has no bearing on licensing.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Hi ,

Please refer this DOC which explains in detail about Owner USerID and Device Association.

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-33590

regds,

aman

23 Replies 23

Hi, Thanks for the response. User based liceing model means I can purchase the UCL/CUWL licenses separately without having to buy physical phones ?

Hi ,

You can buy licenses in advance.

which CUCM version u are using.?

regds,

aman

Hi, CUCM version 8.6

Hi ,

You can go for CUWL which are bundled which offers UCXN,Contact Center and Presence.

Any reason why u want to purchase in advance.

regds,

aman

HI, I am giving situational example...where some 25% total employee doesn't require a physical phone and just would want to have cisco jabber and take their calls from PC. We are trying to understand if we can buy just the UCL enhanced and let the users take the calls fromt he PC. Thanks,

As Aman indicated (+5) you can buy licenses independently of phones at any time.

You need Enhanced only if all you are doing is CSF device, and Enhanced Plus if you are doing CSF and desk phone.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks to you both for your time. :-) Cheers.

Hi,

Could you please help me understand the line item in #number of device support and #Number of user profile in the below. Thanks for your kind time.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6882/ps9156/product_solution_overview0900aecd806cc7a4.html

thanks,

Hi,

It means that under CUWL Professional license , u can have maximum 10 devcies per user.This is the highest license.

Under this license, u would get  Jabber , Video , Conferencing,messaging,presence,mobile UC client.

regds,

aman

CUWL Standard provides 10 devices as well, the only thing you get with Pro is WebEx.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Thanks for the response.Does that mean it restricts the End user to be associated with only one/dual/multiple devices in the controlled devices option. Or does it refer to the ability to control more than one desk phone in the Cisco Jabber simultaneously. We have UCL enhanced I tried adding 12 devices for one End user and I am able to do that and I think my first presumption is nullified.

It does not restrict anything, the ELM tracking looks at phone owner ID association and if it sees more than 2 phones configured with the same user ID then it assumes CUWL user (if you have CUWL licenses), if you have more than 10 devices associated via owner ID to the same user then 2 or more CUWL licenses will be used.

The phone association under end user has no bearing on licensing.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Hi ,

Please refer this DOC which explains in detail about Owner USerID and Device Association.

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-33590

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: