Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCL License Purchase without Physical Phones

Dear Folks, Could someone help me if it is possible to purchase more UCL licenses than the physical phones or Is it possible to purchase UCL or CUWL licenses without purchasing the physical phones ? Thanks for your time. Cheers

23 Replies 23

Hi Thanks for the response.Does that mean it restricts the End user to be associated with only one/dual/multiple devices in the controlled devices option. Or does it refer to the ability to control more than one desk phone in the Cisco Jabber simultaneously. We have UCL enhanced I tried adding 12 devices for one End user and I am able to do that and I think my first presumption is nullified.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for rating.

regds,

aman

Gents, I have a related question and hopefully somebody can shed some light on it:

I'm about to deploy Webex on-prem server and trying to choose betwen webex server licenses vs CUWL-PRO.

I have full CUCM installation, but most of my users don't have phones - we're slowly migrating from other IP PBX.

One thing I cannot find in the documentation is how do I assosiate user to CUWL license?

Thank you in advance.

You don't manually associate users to license, it is done dynamically by ELM based on what/how many devices are assigned with owner ID.

HTH,

Chris

Ok. So if I have a user without any devices and I need to give him\her ability to use Webex, how do I do it?

You do that on webex side, CUWL PRO should give you separate PAK for webex server, the webex licensing is not integrated with CUCM/ELM.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

This is unexpected answer. So, if I will buy 100 CUWL pro, I'll get 100 PAK's for CUCM and 100 PAK's for Webex server.

What will prevent me using those PAK's for different users on CUCM and Webex side? Chris - thank you for getting back to me so fast.

Correct.

I don't think anything will prevent you, these are just licenses and you can use for whomever you desire.

Remember there is no real user integration between CUCM and webex, and no ELM integration to webex, Webex uses its own licensing model, all CUWL PRO gives you is the user licenses.

HTH,

Chris

Seems like a good deal. Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: