cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 8.5 - VG224 Poor Line Condition

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

We have several faxes on the VG, 2 of them get intermittent "Poor Line Condition" messages when trying to send out to specific customers. The business unit replaced the fax to find they still have the same problem. This appears to be an issue with the line, not the device. Is there something that can be configured on that gateway to allow all fax devices to communicate with these two faxes? We are utilizing MGCP not SIP.

Thank you to all in advance.

2 Replies 2

hanluc6933
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen random ports on the VG224s provide a poor line condition.  I would first try to move to a new port on the VG224 and complete another test fax to the specific customers.  I have also seen specific models of fax machines running over a VG224 provide the same error message.  If the business unit replaced the fax with the same model that could be an issue as well.

Same old problems with the VGs. I used these years ago in both 4.x and 8.0 environment and cut out the VG altogether on problematic faxes by using an ATA instead. We're going to go that route here as well, (working for new company).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: