cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 8 and outside SIP-phones

paa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I have an UCM 8 in my inside network and ASA 5510 with 8.3 as a border between inside and outside networks (Internet). I want to make calls from outside by SIP softphone. What shold I do to provide secure connectivity between outside SIP softphone and my UCM?

Does UCM have a something to make calls from web? For example, I open some URL, dial number and make a call? I don't want to use any kind of VPN (VPN Client, AnyConnect), I want a posability to make a call from anywhere using my UCM and SIP-phone or some web-application.

3 Replies 3

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you looked at the phone proxy feature on the ASA. It currently only supports SCCP IP phones, including CIPC.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/unified_comm_phoneproxy.html

I'm not familiar with any feature specific to CUCM 8 that can provide this functionality but someone else on the boards may.

-Felipe

I know about ASA phone proxy, but SCCP only is not an option for my purpose, because some of my mobile client have a Linux and MacOS. So, I want simple universal softphone (SIP) for everyone.

Can you recomend me some SIP-proxy?

Doesn't exist yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: