Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

UCM 8.x -> 9.x. Unused DLUs migration ratio?

I am a Cisco Partner, often quoting UCM 8.0 to 9.0 migration for various clients.

I understand how to quote a migration of their current phones into Essential/Basic/Enhanced, etc. licences.

But when it comes to unused DLUs, I have a problem with quoting them a upgrade for TOTAL number of users (including those future users, that will come out of those UNUSED DLUs).

I need to do it BEFORE doing actual upgrade  - since we sell them an upgrade (in case their support expired), place an order with Cisco, and before that - we need to calculate it right, and without ELM present in their systems.

For example - there are 29 DLUs Unused.

How do I plan user count and UCSS and ESW for them - out of which conversion ratios?

For instance that could be 9 phones of 7911G model (27 DLUs), with 2 DLUs left for 2 IP Communicator Adjunct (2 DLUs). Which would lead to 7 Enhanced and 2 Enhanced Plus.

Or I could imagine that (less favourable for client) those 29 DLUs are meant for 7975 phones (5 DLUs each), - then it would be only 5 Enhanced Licenses 25 DLUs), and 3 will be lost.

So, even on a small amount of DLUs (29) - I just got two resluts of 7Enh+2EnhPlus, or 5 Enhanced. This is quite a difference, isn't it?

So my question is - where I can find conversion RULES to plan in ADVANCED all Unused DLU migration, without using ELM wizard.

0 REPLIES 0