cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM bug report

paracleitos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a call manager bug. I am not goign to open a TAC case for this, because Cisco is charging us for TAC cases. This relates to CM 4.1.3 as well

as 6.0 and maybe 6.1 as well.

Let's take a look at an example. You have Calling search space X containing partition A. Calling search space Y contains partition B. There is a translation pattern in partition A. An incomming gateway has a calling search space X, which ony contains the translation pattern. The translation pattern has a calling search space Y. There is also a CTI port in partition B.

When you perform a call through the gateway to the CTI port you get a busy tone. The only solution is to assign a calling search space to the original gateway which contains both partitions A and B.

This is not specific to any specific scenario or call manager service release. It alwas appears once a CTI port gets involved.

You don't believe? just test it and you will see.

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you map this out farther with examples?

Well, I can only add useless information, but

if you want an example, why not. An external number from PSTN calls through the gateway and dials for example 1 902 123 4567. The incoming gateway has a calling search space X.

There is an incoming translation pattern doing 1902123XXXX-> called number mask XXXX.

The transation pattern is in partition A. And has a calling search space Y. This CSS includes partition B only.

We also have a CTI route point 4567 and CTI port 4568. They are both in partiton B.

If you assign it as it is, such call will get a busy tone.

The ugly workarround is this. Change the calling search space X to include both partitions A and B. Then it immediately rings and works.

This is not how it's supposed to work.