cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ucm integration with avaya : call transfer shows transferers caller ID instead of the original caller

hi guys,

I am trying to integrate cucm 11.5 with Avaya via sip trunk. everything works except transfer caller ID.  this is an issue for both blind and consult.

basically when I call from Avaya phone to cisco phone (via trunk) and transfer that call back to another Avaya ,  the caller ID shows as cisco phone's instead of the original Avaya phone.

pls let me know if you have any suggestions. 

thanks a bunch....vijay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

looks like its a limitation with with Avaya to cucm integration.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/5961-discussions-ip-telephony/message-id/363354

Both systems support call forwarding and call transfer features. There are some call forward and transfer scenarios where the calling name and number and/or connected name and number are not updated after the call has been transferred or forwarded. This issue is found primarily when an Avaya phone is the forwarding or transferring party to a Cisco phone via the SIP trunk.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Vijay,

Could you confirm what is the caller id setting configured in SIP trunk and try changing it between originator, first redirecting number.

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all useful posts

hi,

it is on originator now for calling party selection under sip trunk. but I did change it to 'first redirect number(external)' and also to "last redirect  number(external)" with no luck. 

thanks

looks like its a limitation with with Avaya to cucm integration.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/5961-discussions-ip-telephony/message-id/363354

Both systems support call forwarding and call transfer features. There are some call forward and transfer scenarios where the calling name and number and/or connected name and number are not updated after the call has been transferred or forwarded. This issue is found primarily when an Avaya phone is the forwarding or transferring party to a Cisco phone via the SIP trunk.

Hi there

Can you see whether Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery - Inbound is enabled. If not enable that and try.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

yes it is enabled for both inbound and outbound. tnx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: