cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM - List all active DN's

esa_fresa
Level 1
Level 1

We have a number of DN's assigned to users in our UCM Database that are no longer active. I'm looking for a way to find all "active" phone numbers so that we can delete ones which are not being used. Ideally this will be "phones that have not called out in >30 days" but the criteria isn't strict so long as our general objective is accomplished.

I was looking at SQL queries to find this information, as I imagine it's stored within the UCM database, but I haven't found the table I'm looking for yet.

https://developer.cisco.com/media/UCM10.5DataDictionary/UCM10.5DataDictionary.htm

Does anyone know how I could do this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

You could pull your cdrs, make a list of numbers called or being called and then just that against your number range to find them. But I would just start by looking at numbers that are not assigned to anything remove anything not physically assigned to phones, udp, etc in cucm. I don't know any sql statement that has this information. 

View solution in original post

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, I'm afraid you're wrong, CUCM doesn't keep track of DN usage in the DB.

As Gregory has pointed out, you'd need to use CDR/CAR to find what DNs ARE being used, and then weed out from your dial plan report those that do not show in the reports.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

You could pull your cdrs, make a list of numbers called or being called and then just that against your number range to find them. But I would just start by looking at numbers that are not assigned to anything remove anything not physically assigned to phones, udp, etc in cucm. I don't know any sql statement that has this information. 

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, I'm afraid you're wrong, CUCM doesn't keep track of DN usage in the DB.

As Gregory has pointed out, you'd need to use CDR/CAR to find what DNs ARE being used, and then weed out from your dial plan report those that do not show in the reports.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate