Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM Route Pattern doesn't use GW Called Party Transformation Partition

stephen.agnew
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm having an issue that I can't seem to find the answer to. Maybe it's not possible, but since so many of my questions in the past have been answered by reading posts here, I thought I'd ask.

So here's the situation... We have a centralized UCM cluster with remote sites scattered around the world. There is a big push to provide end users with a way to access a "Global Service Desk" that is staffed by IT personnel in 3 different countries. I have been asked to provide a DID in Scotland that will reach our after hours pager which is forwarded to the cell phone of the IT staff member on call that week (could be in Canada, US, or the UK depending on the on call rotation). Here is how it was configured before for Canada only, with IT staff being in different locations in our province:

1. DID points to our PRI in NB, Canada ex 15064561234

2. CTI Route Point (1234) is set to CFWDAll to the cell phone number of the person on call that week

3. The CSS for CFWDAll contains route patterns that point to the local route group

4. Call goes to the PRI gateway and uses the Called Party Transformation CSS and either removes the country code, or removes the area code, or whatever is required for that number (we have multiple patterns in play there) ie. 915062221234 is changed to 95062221234

Here's what I'm trying to do, but it doesn't work

1. DID points to a SIP trunk in Scotland

2. CTI Route Point is set to CFWDAll to the cell phone number of the person on call that  week.

3. The new CSS for CFWDAll contains route patterns to look at the cell phone number to determine the country of the on call personnel and route out that country's gateway

4. The call fails because, in this test scenario, it should be stripping the 1 from the called party but doesn't.

If I change the CFWDAll number to the required format for the gateway in question (remove the 1 manually), the call goes through. If I remove the new CSS with the route patterns pointing to a specific RG, the call fails because it tries to route back out the Scotland SIP trunk and it doesn't recognize the NANP number, obviously...

From what I can tell, if the route pattern points to the local route group, transformations on the gateway work. If I point the route pattern to a specific route group (containing the same gateway), the transformation doesn't occur.

I apologize if my description is lacking, I'm new to the world of collaboration and learning as I go. I'd be more than happy to provide further detail if you let me know what I'm missing.

Thanks!

8 Replies 8

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Route-patterns point to either Route Lists or Trunks/Gateways, not Route Groups. I am just saying that to help you towards solution.

For your working scenario, check in the (for the corresponding route-pattern) appropriate Route List: Route List Details -> Standard Local Route Group, to see what Called Party Transformation takes place. You should use that transformation to the new Route List (i.e. remove '1' or whatsoerver).

It is better create a new Route List than pointing a route-pattern directly to the gateway/trunk; this is one reason for it.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

Sorry Georgios, I misspoke. The route-pattern is pointing to a Route List that only contains the gateway I'd like it to go out. There are no transformations set on the Route List but there is a transformation CSS on the gateway itself. I'd like to use that Called Party Transformation CSS because it contains different patterns for different situation. As the company continues to grow, I can see this needing to be setup to go out as many as 5 different route lists depending on the person on-call that week so I'd really like to use the existing Transformation CSS that's set on each gateway. Is this possible?

Sure it is. Just be alerted, since transformation CSS will be applied to all calls going out from the gateway.

Georgios

Then my question is why doesn't it work?
Using the route pattern 9.1506xxxxxxx sends the call out the proper route list but the transformation css never gets used. If I remove my route pattern, it hits my generic North American e164 pattern \+1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx which points to the Local RL and the transformation css is used. So when calls come in the local gateway, everything is fine. But if the call originates from Scotland SIP trunk it fails because that number isn't valid out that trunk.
I guess to simplify my point, I can either point it to a specific Route List with no transformation CSS or point it to Local Route List and have it attempt to go out the wrong gateway... I know I must be doing something wrong here but I just can't see it.

Think you need to use Called Party transformations rather than calling party

Looks like I mis-titled this post. I am using Called Party not Calling Party.

stephen.agnew
Level 1
Level 1

I'm going to try to re-word the issue for clarity because I don't think my original post explained the situation well enough.Sorry, first time posting... :)

I have a Canadian DID that terminates at an H323 gateway and a Scotland DID which terminates at a SIP trunk.

Both point to a CTI Route Point that is set to CFWDAll to a cell phone number.

I've created specific Route Patterns, Partition, and CSS to place on the CFWDAll to determine which Route List the call goes out based on the cell phone numbers area code.

If I call the Scotland DID and CFWDAll is set to a Canadian cell phone number, the Route Pattern will send it out the Route List containing the H323 gateway but the Called Party Transformation CSS that is set on the H323 gateway doesn't get used.

Hope that makes more sense.

Can you make a test call and attach the following traces:

- CUCM: CallManager SDL logs

- H.323 gateway: debup voip ccapi inout, debug h225 asn1

- SIP gateway (if the SIP trunk terminates on a gateway and not on CUCM directly): debug ccsip messages.

Georgios
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: