cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM ucmuser SNR errors

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am looking to import customer phones with generic RDPs with dummy DNs, with the plan that users would change the SNR themselves from ucmuser page. When I click on edit the "additional phone" and enter new phone number or link to SNR I get "Configurations with multiple Remote Destination Profiles are not supported at this time. Your administrator will need to make changes on your behalf.". I tried changing the user to have 1 or 10 max remote destinations with same error. Has anyone deployed similar approach, or has an idea what the issue may be? CUCM 10.5.2, self service user profile assigned.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the end user is configured with multiple RD profiles then definitely it is something that will not work when doing from Self Care Portal. However, if you have only 1 RD profile configured for the end user then there should not be a problem changing it from Self Care Portal.

Since you are saying that you checked this with assigning just 1 RD profile as well and then also it did not work, do below:

admin:run sql select d.name as remotedestinationprofile, d.pkid, e.userid from device d, enduser e where d.fkenduser_mobility = e.pkid and d.tkmodel='134'
remotedestinationprofile pkid                                 userid   
======================== ==================================== ========
RDP1                   b78deba2-493c-9df0-b22c-5b1a0935f563 user1
RDP2                   97842c65-1f8d-80d0-6615-ba27166a7ad7 user2

admin:

Provided in the output if you found user account has the RDP that doesn't exist in the web Admin page, then delete it manually using below command and check again to change RD profile from Self Care Portal afterwards:

run sql delete from device where pkid='the pkid you want to delete'

If this does not work, then check with TAC further on this.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the end user is configured with multiple RD profiles then definitely it is something that will not work when doing from Self Care Portal. However, if you have only 1 RD profile configured for the end user then there should not be a problem changing it from Self Care Portal.

Since you are saying that you checked this with assigning just 1 RD profile as well and then also it did not work, do below:

admin:run sql select d.name as remotedestinationprofile, d.pkid, e.userid from device d, enduser e where d.fkenduser_mobility = e.pkid and d.tkmodel='134'
remotedestinationprofile pkid                                 userid   
======================== ==================================== ========
RDP1                   b78deba2-493c-9df0-b22c-5b1a0935f563 user1
RDP2                   97842c65-1f8d-80d0-6615-ba27166a7ad7 user2

admin:

Provided in the output if you found user account has the RDP that doesn't exist in the web Admin page, then delete it manually using below command and check again to change RD profile from Self Care Portal afterwards:

run sql delete from device where pkid='the pkid you want to delete'

If this does not work, then check with TAC further on this.

Regards

Deepak

Deepak,

Thank you the SQL query allowed me to see that the user was assigned to "RDP template" hence error, once I removed it from the template everything worked.

Pleasure Chris :) glad that the issue got resolved.

Regards

Deepak

I faced the similar issue where one user has 2 RD Profiles and unable to edit/save the settings.

Opened a case with TAC and it is internal bug:  CSCui74953. Below is the response snippet I got.

Problem Description

======================================================

As I have understood it till now, you have an issue with configuring device via Self-Care portal with “Configurations with multiple Remote Destination Profiles are not supported at this time. Your administrator will need to make changes on your behalf” error.

I’ve made a quick research on this error and found out that this is limitation in CUCM 10. Based on Cisco internal documentation, this feature is not supported in self-care portal. No workaround exists as this is a current design. I apologize for any inconvenience it may cause. Please consider contacting your Cisco Account Manager, you can submit a Product Enhancement Request to include this option in future Call Manager releases.

Please refer to this bug: CSCui74953

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.