Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM7 - Re-IP of Publisher

James Matthews
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I need to move our UCM Publisher to another IP Subnet as part of a data centre migration. I'm comfortable with the procedure to update the address, however, we also use UCCX 7.0(1) and I'm not sure what (if anything) I'll need to do on the UCCX servers as part of the Publisher re-addressing.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks

James

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi James

Your UCCX system will have references to the CUCM servers for JTAPI, AXL and possibly for NTP.

If you have a look at the Unified CM Configuration in APpAdmin on UCCX, you will have multiple IP addresses for each of those service (except for NTP). If you have multiple AXL service referenced then you should still be able to log in and update the config after the pub has moved. Usually this results in the new IP appearing in 'available' and the old ip lingering in 'selected' so you just swap and save them.

If you do lose the ability to log in, you can use this CLI command to link UCCX back to the new pub for AXL:

set uccx provider ip axl

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: