cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCME high availability

russell.sage
Level 1
Level 1

I have a unique scenario, offshore gas platform in the middle of the North Sea, that we attempted several years ago to deploy CME version 9.1 in high availability mode only to run into support issue with Cisco. Looking at the latest release 14.1 I still don't see this as a feature. 

Is there a supported design where a SIP end point can register with two CME solutions such that in the event one box should fail service is retained. 

Need CME as I also have multiple analogue gateways supporting emergency telephones.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFAIK its not possible With  CME.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

@russell.sage wrote:

Need CME as I also have multiple analogue gateways supporting emergency telephones.

CUCM supports analogue gateways, we have worked with a few operators in the North Sea using VG224 or other multi port gateways.  It's commonplace that offshore installations have a bunch of analogue phones, some very specific and not really possible to replace with IP devices.

Tony

Thank you but my question is moreto can CME operate in HA mode. Two physical boxes presenting as a single box for resilience. 

We have SIP phones and multiple VG224 (soon to be VG320) we also need to upgrade the router and CUCME to 14.1 so it makes sense to see if Cisco have addressed the issue of resilience. Doesn't look like they have.

AFAIK its not possible With  CME.

Response Signature

Vinod.s
Level 3
Level 3

This is not possible as per your requirement but you can configure CME in HA MODE.

this will cost you additional licenses (double lisence) for all your phones and you have to make same configuration in both router and in dhcp you can set this ip in option 150 as tftp 1 and tftp 2  .

=>>>If you find this response useful, please mark it as "HELPFUL"<<<=

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Russel,

As mentioned in the below admin guide, redundancy is supported but with the below Caveat (Stateful Swtichover or preservation of active calls is not supported in the redundancy feature offered by Unified CME). So you can configure a secondary CME for the endpoints to register with but active call preservation during failover wont happen and no proper HA.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm/cmesystm.html#task_53BE62C2AB254A16AF1D8F789D4761E8

HTH
Rajan
Please rate all useful posts by clicking the star below and mark solutions as accepted wherever applicable

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: