cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCON: Forcing Callers to listen to greetings before xfer?

erikenwall
Level 1
Level 1

All,

Is there a clean way to force a caller to listen to the full greeting of a mailbox prior allowing further digits to be answered (as in the case of a 0 out transfer to the Operator) in Unity Connection 7.X?

The only way that I have known to be able to do this is to first transfer to a call handler with the greeting, ignore the caller input, and xfer out to the actual mailbox which doesn't scale well for multiple users.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's the only option, as long as you don't disable caller input, they can try to digit something and Unity will see if it's tied to an action or try to transfer the call to such number.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's the only option, as long as you don't disable caller input, they can try to digit something and Unity will see if it's tied to an action or try to transfer the call to such number.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Yeah, that is what I had thought as well but I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

Thanks for the reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: