cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCON voicemail jitter, repeat and noise..

Mario Manzano
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone! ... and thank you in advanced!

We have a strange problem in one location only. When we are downloading a big file or "stressing" our MPLS here; our voicemail attendant and actual voice mails begin to experience jitter, noise and some words are repeated...

I am a bit at a loss as to where to look or how to fix this. I've tried policing the interface and seems to make it worse, checked the switch and reconfigured to CISCO recommended settings for IP phones (7945)

Thank you for your help!! Have a great day!

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to configure QoS to give voice packets priority, the SRND talks about this, as well as many other resources on cisco.com about QoS

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you Jaime!

... See the strange thing is, QoS is actually configured and only acting up at this location. None of the others have displayed this behavior.

All traffic from CUCM is tagged as EF, etc. Basically the default values. All our gateways have the service policy out configured with the signaling VoIP parameters to prioritize that traffic. And calls work great, yet only voicemail (UCON) has that issue and only on one location.

Thanks!

I guess, the Data Packets are not getting fragmented when large file is sent, and hence the RTP packet gets delayed or retransmitted.

Could you please take a screenshot or pic of the phone with traffic details, when it shows this behavior?

That will explain if any jitters or lost packets are encountered and from there we can start tracing the issue.

HTH

thank you Wilson!

I am tending to an emergency away from the site. I should be back this afternoon and collect the info.

As extra info, we have a 10Meg fiber circuit between the sites (CUCM and GW).

Have a great day!! ... will post findings soon...

Hello again!

Well, I think I have found the problem while I was trying to collect the info. The phones at this location are loaded with the POOL and profile as if they were sitting at the main office behind that gateway, while in reality they are sitting behind a different gateway all together.

I will reconfigure and post results later on.

Thank you for everyone's help!