Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C210 M2

ali nasser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gents,

Today I receive my new system UCS C210 M2-VCD2. But I receive envelop called (Cisco VMware VSphere ESXI 4.0 Std , 2 CPU)  without any CD or DVD of VMware. so guys I stick here I need some guide from you and a good installation document so that I can follow the document.

Regards,

Ali

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ali

before you start with VM and UC you need to setup you UCS C CIMC and networking first then you go to Storage, VM and last UC installation

please refer to the bellow link for first and basic setup of the UCS C CIMC

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10493/products_configuration_example09186a0080b10d66.shtml

HTH

if helpful rate

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

You may want to start here:

http://www.cisco.com/go/uc-virtualized

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ali

before you start with VM and UC you need to setup you UCS C CIMC and networking first then you go to Storage, VM and last UC installation

please refer to the bellow link for first and basic setup of the UCS C CIMC

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10493/products_configuration_example09186a0080b10d66.shtml

HTH

if helpful rate

Hi Marwan,

Thanks for your reply, i find in your link what i miss in my setup.

If you don't mind what is the next step.

Regards,

Ali Nasser

Hi Ali

i am not sure about your setup is gonna be one UCS server or multiple servers ?

are you going to use local or shared storage over FC for example ?

how many servers you installing using ESXi

in general once you have your UCS CIMC setup, Network connection setup, then you need to start installing your ESXi and build the VM environment, with networking using vswitch, vmkernal access, and storage once this one done you need to download the ovf files for the relevant UCS model for each UC server such as CUCM from Cisco which is a VM template that you can use to install CUCM on top of it

HTH

if helpful Rate

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your reply.

I will explain below.

1 - 2 server UCS-C210M2-VCD2 (8 core each and 2 cpu)

2 - I got a envelop called (Cisco VMware Vsphere ESXI 4.0 Std, 2CPU) in the envelop there is 2 license for the VMware (VMW-VS-STD-1A) which activated thru vmware website and i get the license also i download the the file (VMware-VMvisor-Installer-4.0.0-171294.x86_64) with the client vmware vsphere.

After doing the steps from the last link you sent to me i am getting an error on the screen which is

Broadcom UNDI PXE-2.1 v5.2.7

PXE-E61:  Media test failure, check the cable

PXE-M0F : Exiting boardcom PXE ROM.

Reboot and select the proper boot device

or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

Regards,

Ali

Hi

It looks like either:

1) Server can't read the media - is the file you downloaded an .iso file? Did you burn it using 'burn image' (correct) or just write the ISO file as a file to the DVD (incorrect)? Put it in your PC, and if you only see a single file or can't read the disc then it's not right.

2) Check your boot order is sensible in the BIOS.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Keep in mind that Cisco does not ship VMware CD's or DVD. If purchased from Cisco, customers will be shipped a paper document by Cisco containing license agreement, license key and an activation URL with instructions on how to activate the license key at vmware.com. Customer visits vmware.com, activates the key, and is then entitled to download software images, media, documentation, and activate/run the software using the license key.

More details are in the Ordering Guide.

Regards,

Michael.

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Agree with Michael regarding the vnware installation as you can obtain the esxi with evaluation license from vnware website then load your purchased license key after instillation just make sure you use the right version

HTH.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Marwan,

After configure step by step the BIOS and RAID and download the license VMware ISO file and burn it in DVD i tried to add the image in two ways.

1 - I tried to run the image from the CD of my PC after burn the ISO image to DVD

2 - I tried to run the ISO image from my PC folder

when its taking the image in this stage it will ask you to select the disk. But in my case the LSI disk (VD) is not appearing in the list to select it.

Check the attached file.

Please advise.

Regards,

Ali Nasser