cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS c220 recognize LSI MegaRAID SAS 9266-8i

William Kok
Level 1
Level 1

We current brought a UCS c220 server for a new CUCM deployment. We'd got six hard disk, two of them formed a virtual running in raid 1, and four of them running in raid 5. After the virtual disks is formed, we are unable to installe the ESXI 5.0 , because the ESXI can not recognize any of the storage space. We also tried to installe CUCM directaly but still fail, the reason is the same, no storage space is recognized.

The raid controller we are using is LSI MegaRAID SAS 9266-8i, is there any way to make the c220 recognize the controller? or is there anything we have to set during the installation?

15 Replies 15

jbillingsley
Level 1
Level 1

So I just ran into the same problem. The installer for ESXi 5.0 didn't see the logical drive. The installer for ESXi 5.1 could see the logical drive. I looked at the hardware compatability matrix on vmware's site and the 9266 isn't listed. weird...

At last, I have to use a USB drive to install the ESXi...

Please can you describe how you installed this? I have same problem where I do not see any storage volumes

I have be6k bundle with esxi 5.0..... I guess I will install 5.1 unless you know of a way for 5.0 to install

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

ESXi 5.1 was able to see the volume. I tried 4.1 and 5.0 discs and neither of them could see the volume. I'm guessing that ESXi 5.1 has the correct drivers to see that LSI card, but the older versions don't.

-Jake

I will give this a go thank you

Hilario Martin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I have just verified that Cisco customized  image ESXi-5.0.0-623860-custom-Cisco-2.0.1.6.iso can recognize drives of 9266-8i.

/UCS c220 M3/

--

Hilario.

Hi, my firmware for LSI megaraid sas 9266-8i is 23.2.1-0023 I have configured raid 10 out of the box. Cisco badged 5.0 update 1 install DVD does NOT detect the logical volume.

I have installed v5.1 and this immediately detects the logical volume and allows me to install on local storage.

So 5.0 doe not work for me.

Hilario Martin
Level 4
Level 4

I have same firmware LSI megaraid sas 9266-8i version and its working perfectly.

Have you try to get image directly from Wmware.com, it is ready for download with product name: Cisco Custom Image for ESXI 5.0 U1 GA Intall CD.

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=CISCO-ESXI-5.0.0-U1-28AUG2012&productId=229

Regards.

I did not try this.....I used the DVD supplied with be6k. I now have my environment built so don't have a chance to test this yet.

Thank you for assistance

Even I had the same problem with esxi 5.0. But, it worked fine with 5.1.  Thanks eveone for help on this

Keep in mind that ESXi 5.1 is not yet supported with UC applications.

HTH,

Chris

Do you Know, How I can know which firmware has the raid controller in the server ucs c220?

I need to know this information. Can you help me please.

Login to CIMC and you can see it there.

Chris

Thanks...
Raul..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: