cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCxn - Single Inbox message security

Scott Jones
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone--looking for some advice on this as i haven't come across this particular issue until now.  The scenario is this:

Rolling out Unity Connection to my company.  One of the things they want is single inbox.  Problem is, some folks have access to sensitive data in voicemails that shouldn't get outside of the company...looking for a way to handle allowing the users to receive their messages on whatever device they have, but also prevent the message from going outside of the organization, whether it's via forwarded email or downloading/saving to a USB drive or something of the sort...

Any thoughts anyone?

SJ                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you gone thru this?

Securing User Messages in Cisco Unity  Connection 8.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/security/guide/8xcucsec070.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you gone thru this?

Securing User Messages in Cisco Unity  Connection 8.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/security/guide/8xcucsec070.html

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Sorry for the delayed response Jaime--good info.  It took me a little while to digest everything in the doc, but it makes sense.  Not sure if we'll go that route or not yet, but i think that is the end-game our CIO is interested in...

Thanks again.

SJ

Keep in mind that if you enabled secured messaging users can only access the messages from supported devices i.e. viewmail needs to be installed in Outlook, phones, etc.  You will not have access to the voicemail from mobile phones i..e smartphone which is usually what users want. So, for those users you need to weight options do secured messaging or lose ability to receive messages from mobile devices.

HTH,

Chris

Excellent point Chris.  ViewMail is actually on our radar...just trying to iron out some other issues and continue turning up new sites before we can do much more with it.  also, we're looking at a POC of jabber/CUPS, and potentially doing a bake-off between Jabber and Lync to see which one we prefer, or maybe do both and just federate between them...

Regardless--thanks again.

SJ