cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UDP Port 4001

rcfoltz
Level 5
Level 5

Does anyone know what traffic destined to an IP phone on UDP port 4001 would be for? The traffic flow is coming in via a CUBE gateway, sourced from a random port, and destined to a Cisco 6900 series IP phone on port 4001, using UDP. I can't find any documentation showing this as a legitamate traffic flow. Anyone have any advice?

6 Replies 6

Ryan Hilfers
Level 1
Level 1

rcfoltz,

Were you ever able to explain this behavior?  I am seeing the same thing in my environment.

Same behaviour, same Question. Any update?

Hi Paul,

It is most likely coming from a custom application, and infact may not be a legitimate traffic flow. This port is not specified for any Cisco applications interacting with IP phone so you may need to filter the traffic at the CUBE.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Thx 4 your answer,

I will reject it.

How are you seeing this taffic? Are you using packet capture or netflow, etc?

Hi,

we removed our two isr from the voip server, which have another router as standard gateway subnet and migrated it to an transid net. I do not migrated the transcoder configs to the new IPs. Therfore I saw these pakets on an access-list on the next router which is the feault gateway for the two isr. After I configured the transcoder with the correct IPs I newer saw the pakets again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: