Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UDS Search on Jabber not working

Hi All,

I have a strange Problem on a Lab Environment with my Jabber for Windows Clients.

The Environment has no LDAP Server or any other Directory Source. There are no DNS SRVs configured. For Login I enter the Presence Server manually in the Jabber Client (in a Lab should not a big Task whith only some installations ;)).

So I want to use UDS for Contact search. I configured the Jabber XML file like this.

<Directory>

<DirectoryServerType>UDS</DirectoryServerType>

<UdsServer>IP-AddressofCUCM</UdsServer>

<PresenceDomain>Domain</PresenceDomain>

</Directory>

In the Logs I can see, that he Downloads the Jabber config XML file. So I assume, that he gets the Directory configuration. But in the Connection Status Jabber still wants to connect - via EDI - to a LDAP Server.

Can someone assist?

Thanks a lot!

DrMxxxxx

no DNS SRVs

no LDAP

UDS for Contact search

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

No, it DOES support UDS, we only dropped UDS support for a couple of releases back on the Jabber 9.x train due to performance issues as Jabber kept reaching the server without any need. It was supported again, I think with the 10.x releases, otherwise, that would mean that all MRA clients would not have UDS, and that's the only supported method over MRA

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_C04C09E7_00_cisco-jabber-110-planning-guide/CJAB_BK_C04C09E7_00_cisco-jabber-110-planning-guide_chapter_011.html

Does the Service Profile assigned to the client has the use UDS option checked??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Matthias,

It looks like i may have provided a wrong information..

Please try this jabber config file. Ensure you restart tftp server after uploading it. You may also do this via the service profile rather than using jabber config file..But this should work

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
<Directory>
</Directory>
</config>

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What jabber version are you running. Some do not support UDS and can only perform contact search via EDI only, that's why you are seeing this

Hi,

umpf. Sorry, I forgot.

Versions:

Jabber 11.0

CUCM 10.5(2)

CUPS 10.5(2)

Kind regards,

DrM

Deleted

Hi,

thanks a lot for that Information. I didn't read it, yet (RTFM, lol).

Is that also true for Jabber 11.1? I could not find the Deployment Guide for that Version.

Kind regards,

DrM

Deleted

No, it DOES support UDS, we only dropped UDS support for a couple of releases back on the Jabber 9.x train due to performance issues as Jabber kept reaching the server without any need. It was supported again, I think with the 10.x releases, otherwise, that would mean that all MRA clients would not have UDS, and that's the only supported method over MRA

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_C04C09E7_00_cisco-jabber-110-planning-guide/CJAB_BK_C04C09E7_00_cisco-jabber-110-planning-guide_chapter_011.html

Does the Service Profile assigned to the client has the use UDS option checked??

HTH

java

Jamie,

even though the documentation says that Jabber 9.1.2 and above supports UDS, I know that jabber 9.6 doesnt support UDS. It may do UDS over MRA but it doesnt support UDS internally. This I discovered during my CCIE study.

This is what made me conclude this and I could be totally wrong

9.6 is one of those particular versions that dropped UDS support as I mentioned before, that version is also NOT supported for MRA, so it was no big deal it didn't have UDS. MRA requires 9.7+

Right now the downloads site doesn't even list anything below 9.7, probably to avoid issues with older releases

HTH

java

Hi, I tested UDS on Jabber 10.6 and was working although the doc is saying it won't.

However, if the windows machine is joined to domain, Jabber client will be smart enough to discover this and use EDI instead of UDS.

Try to configure UDS under User Management > User Settings > Service Profile and don't configure EDI.

Hi,

thanks for the hint.

So, you mean, that I configure the UDS Directory like I would configure a LDAP Directory? Which Port do I have to use?

Kind regards,

DrM

It's actually not that Jabber is smart enough to choose one over the other, it's that the default directory mode is EDI, UDS HAS to be configured for it to work.

HTH

java

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Matthias,

It looks like i may have provided a wrong information..

Please try this jabber config file. Ensure you restart tftp server after uploading it. You may also do this via the service profile rather than using jabber config file..But this should work

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
<Directory>
</Directory>
</config>

Hi All,

many thanks for the answers I got on this question!

Ayodeji saw my mistake I made on the config file. Now it is working!

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

DrM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: