Views
Helpful
Replies

UK/NL Locale - Directory Input

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

Guys,

Have a strange issue here - user logs into phone, goes into corporate directory, and inputs a search the way you normally would.

Log out, and back into that same phone but this time with a UDP that has the netherlands locale, the phone resets and loads up in dutch as expected.

However, now when you do a corporate directory lookup, the first entry when you press a number is the number, followed by the letter.

So for UK locale user, if you press the number 5 twice, you get K. (It goes J then K)

for an NL locale user, if you press 5 twice, you get J (It goes 5 then J)

Can this behaviour be changed?

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

yes, there might be. A long time ago, when I was young and full of optimism, I was once poking around in the locale files of the phones and I noticed the input strings/characters are there, too. Can you please tell me what kind of phone is that?

And the version of the CUCM/CME as well.

G.

Message was edited by: Gergely Szabo

Hi, they are CP-7942G and the CUCM is 8.6

Hi.           

I don't have that version handy. Could you please do the following: go to the OS Administration web on the CUCM, TFTP File Management, search for files named "mk-sccp.jar". There should be two lines, one in the "english_united_states" directory, the other one ... well, probably "dutch_nederlands" or similar. Could you please download the second one. On Windows, it's tftp -i GET dutch_nederlands/mk-sccp.jar

Could you please post that mk-sccp.jar to here?

Thanks.

G.

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

Is it just a case of changing the file "gen-kate.utf8.xml" and then re-uploading to all servers and re-starting TFTP?  Here are its contents below

Dutch_Netherlands

/main/3.3.release/2

Hi,

yes. But I did not have the chance to test it, so no guarrantee.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: