Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to add CUCM gateway endpoints

Bito
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All!

My ccna lab setup is cisco 1861 ISR router & cucm running on esxi vm.  I am able to add a gateway for my 1861 but when i attempt to add a fxo/fxs endpoint i get the error below.  I am unsure what cards to add for the 1861 as they are integrated and the ones listed seem like they are cards.  I have tried every fxs option in slot 0/0/0 but once i select loopstart/groundstart/pots it errors out.  Thanks for your help!

Access to the requested resource has been denied.

The attempted action was a violation of security protocols and will not be allowed. Please try another action.

7 Replies 7

Bito
Level 1
Level 1
I should add. I am able to add the gateway to CUCM but it wont register. I am not sure if the problems are related.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe there was a defect in CUCM 12.0(1) - you didn’t specify the version - about this. Take a look in the bug toolkit but updating to SU2 should fix it.

As for registering, is the necessary config in place? Here is an example for a PRI but an analog loop is pretty similar.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/media-gateway-control-protocol-mgcp/23966-mgcp-pri-cm.html

I don’t understand what you mean by “the interfaces are integrated.” The router would need VIC cards and DSPs.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe there was a defect in CUCM 12.0(1) - you didn’t specify the version - about this. Take a look in the bug toolkit but updating to SU2 should fix it.

As for registering, is the necessary config in place? Here is an example for a PRI but an analog loop is pretty similar.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/media-gateway-control-protocol-mgcp/23966-mgcp-pri-cm.html

I don’t understand what you mean by “the interfaces are integrated.” The router would need VIC cards and DSPs.

Thanks for the reply!

I am indeed using 12.1 hopefully i can update without a partner account.  I will check out the bug took kit tomorrow when i have more time.

The 1861 has fxs/fxo ports built into it... they are not removable cards.  In cucm it is programmed as if they are swap able cards with options.

thx again!

I couldn't find anything in the bug search about this issue but I tried to download the upgrade anyway.  I need to have a valid service contract in order to download.  Is there any way to get the patch without a service contract?  or, is there a workaround for the bug?  It is not easy finding information cisco has so many websites search tools.  This is driving me crazy... im just trying to study for my ccna.  is the bug toolkit different than the bug search? 

I believe you're hitting this defect: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvh61031
It wasn't fixed until 12.0(1)SU2 or one of the ESes leading up to it.
Bug toolkit / search is the same thing.
Sharing ISOs would be a license violation I'm afraid. You'll need to get it from whatever source you got the first ISO from.

Thanks, that problem is similar but I don't think it is the same issue.  I am using 12.0.1.21900 and it looks like it was fixed.  Also, I get the error when selecting port type(pots, loop, or ground start).  I select loop, hit next and get the error.  I tried doing a fresh install... same issue. Ugh.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: